API How-to Guides
We’re currently building out samples and how-tos for popular programming languages. This is a work-in-progress, and not all the functionality that we plan to support is available. However, we would like your feedback on what you think of it so far. Share your feedback on the community forum or Discord. The Using Vega’s APIs section has reference information and connection details for the current Vega APIs (node and wallet).
To get started see the list of guides below.
Alternatively, head over to the API Sample Scripts repo on GitHub to see full examples of the how-to code.
Table of contents
- Get started with your first query to a Vega API
- Learn how to sign transactions with Wallet signing
- Start trading and Submit an order to a node
- Find an Order by reference once submitted
- Gather Market information required to trade
- Learn how to Amend orders or Cancel orders
- Check your Positions and balances for collateral
- Download a List of orders and trades on Vega
- Propose and Create markets using governance
- List Proposals and How to vote using governance
- Build real time feeds with Streaming events
- How to find Trading fees and calculate Fee estimates for orders trading fees
- Get started with Liquidity provision
- Learn about blockchain time using Vega Time